Privacy Terms and Conditions
A. Information Collected
- By providing any of your Personal Data not limited to your name, gender, age, date of birth, nationality, identity card number, passport number, occupation, email address and other contact details which we may collect includes:-
- information collected when you fill in or update your information with us;
- the contents of all documents submitted to us; and
- any verbal or written or electronic messages or comments you submit to us in whatever manner, which may include personal data.
B. Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
- By providing any of your Personal Data to us, you hereby agree that we shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services or benefits under any of our business; and/or
- processing your application under any of our programme; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, new products, special offers, advertising and/or promotional material to you; and/or
- conducting research on planning, products, goods, services, security and testing; and/or
- carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
- performing statistical analysis for various objectives and providing this information within our service entities; and/or
- where you have provided your resume, considering you for any jobs, industrial training opportunities that may arise in our service entities; and/or
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of our business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or or assist in our businesses (for example, providing information on you and on your working experience to fulfill information as required for the submission of tenders for projects or for fulfilling regulatory requirements); and/or
- where required by law, where we consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where we suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in our service entities; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by us (for example, to insurance companies who are arranging for the group hospitalization & personal accident policy and to banks who are arranging for salary remittances (for employees) and to bank for scholarship disbursements and living expenses payments (for scholars)); and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments (for example, to external auditors who are auditing our human resource); and/or
- if you are applying as a trainer or has been appointed as trainer, in addition to the purposes set out here, for evaluating and assessing your suitability and if you are successful, for the subsequent preparation and execution of the relevant agreements and documents and administration of your appointment as a trainer; and
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
C. Use and Disclosure
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst our service entities and/or to third parties including but not limited to educational institutions and external assessors of the scholarships or to any company to whom you are/will be to be seconded/transferred to, our agents, consultants, solicitors, auditors, employers, contractors, suppliers, partners, advertisers, network operators, any relevant authorities, embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or any relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us, any referee whose details are provided by you with respect to you, for our operational, administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (B) above for and on behalf of us.
- We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of our process of constantly improving our business.
D. Impact of Non Provision of Personal Data
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us then your application or request to us for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or we will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services.
E. Storage and Retention of the Personal Data
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated by us or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
- We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
F. Job Applicants
- Personal Data provided in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with us and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement.
- You hereby confirm that you have duly obtained the consent of your referee(s) for the use and disclosure of your referee(s)’ Personal Data to us and that we may use your referee(s)’ Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Your Personal Data may also be used to monitor our recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies.
- Your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers and credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies record these searches and you can contact us to find out which agencies we used.
- Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future job opportunities.
- Personal Data held by us will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
H. Safety of Personal Data
- We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
I. Transfer of Personal Data
- Due to the global nature of our business, we may transfer your Personal Data to the other members of the independent firm affiliated with IAPA (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based). Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
J. Right of Access to Personal Data
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by us on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent given to us for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address:
Guidance View Sdn Bhd (545003-M)
5-5 & 7-5 The Boulevard, Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200
Person in charge
Head of HR
- We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
K. Changes to Privacy Notice
- We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.